Where are the students?
Last year I've decided to stop teaching and helping first year students in Computer Sciences courses especially in programming subject. I'm not sure why I decided to do that. Maybe because I'm tired of the laziness of our students in finding things by their own before asking. Maybe because I'm tired of the spoon-fed concept that most students have. I'm not sure what are the reasons. Because before this, I helped them a lot (I think so). I never requested money from them. Sometimes my time is belong to them. They can request to see me anytime, anywhere.For one year, I've been missing from helping a new undergraduate. For one year, many people are clueless about my sudden 'retirement'. And during that year, still some came to me, to ask me about programming. I help just a little bit. Especially third year.
Then, someone came to me. Ask me why I stop. Ask me why I don't want to do the most nice thing for the students. I explain everything, I think. He told me to continue. Nope. He actually asked me to continue. Whatever the hardness I encounter, just take it. And he said that maybe later I will benefit from it.
When I consider his words, its true. How I glad when I see my juniors graduate. One by one. And how I sad if one of them have to extend. Yes, friends. I really care about them. Each one of them. Although I don't know them by names but at least I know their faces.
So, I've decided I want to help them again. But now, nobody came. Although a few of them already know me, but nobody came for help. Request me to explain to them. Nobody. How frustrating when nobody really want your help anymore. That's fine. At least I can continue with my reading. And I know, I'm not the best programmer in the world and I'm not the best teacher in the world. And heck, I only graduated with 2.61 PNGK. Who want second lower class bachelor degree holder to teach them right? Heh. Nevermind.


2 Comments:
2.61 ekk... aku plak 2.68 jek... tp apa-apa pun.. nak aje aku jerit kat semua org... org2 yg dpt tak sampai 3 ni la yg byk bertahan keje sbg IT profesional... ramai yg 3 kat luar tu, yg still menganggur, alasan diorang takmo keje cam kitorang nih.. sbb, takmo buat programming... hmm.. sia2 jek amik CS... aku ni pun tak tau la sampai bila leh bertahan.. tp kalau dah semua pemikiran graduan IT camni.. susah aaa org melayu nak hidup dlm bidang nih...
- aku ler mie... hihihi.. -
Macam kenal je org di atas ni. :)
Aku tak kisah programming... hehe. But I'd rather be doing research.
Post a Comment
<< Home