Maxis GPRS
Yesterday I registered GPRS services at Maxis Center. I just want to try the services beside all the ringtones and wallpapers at Maxis website need GPRS connection during the downloading period. I need to wait about 2 hours for my line to activate (I already due my bill payment for about one and a half month). After the long period of waiting (okay, okay, I'm exaggerating a bit), I test the GPRS connection but to no avail. Okay, maybe the line is not that stable for a while. I decided to test it during the evening. During the testing period GPRS connection sometimes lost and sometimes it will keep giving 'Response Unknown' statement. The speed is quite slow but fast enough to download ringtones.I downloaded 2 ringtones from Maxis WAP site. 'Utada Hikaru - First Love' and 'Kiss - Because I'm a Girl'. I downloaded Utada Hikaru's for about 24 seconds and Kiss's for about 15 seconds, both 7kb and 3kb in size respectively. Then I downloaded free games, Ranging River from FunBaby WAP site. I'm not sure the size of the games but it's free right? That is the important thing. I test both ringtones and it played nicely on my 3100 handphone (actually this handset belong to my fiancee and my true handset is nokia 3200). The game is not tested until lunch hour today. The game is quite difficult. Maybe I test it later. Although the game is free but to keep the score is not free. You have to pay US$1 to upload the score (about RM3.80). Huh? Sorry. Not interested in keeping the score.
Oh, before I forget, don't surf the GPRS WAP site during walking 0r jumping or anything that might put your phone in 'blind spot' area. If not, the GPRS will disconnect and you need to re-connect to the site. And mind you that it will cost you money. A lot of money actually.
Okaylah, I think that's all. Before I end this entry, let me produce the link to Maxis GPRS website.
If you want to set up WAP over GPRS, click here
If you want to set up MMS over GPRS click here
And you need to activate your GPRS before you configure your phone. If not you cannot use MMS and WAP feature. For the cost to send MMS and surfing the WAP site, click...oh well, I can't find it. Maybe later.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home