rzmie's blog

Welcome to my blog, ladies and gentleman. I hope you enjoy the contents.

Google

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The first week of Ramadhan

6 days had passed since Muslim around the globe start fasting on 15th October. So, do the first week of Ramadhan really thought me anything? hmm..let's see. Yes and no. Let's be honest here. I lost my temper in the last 6 days. I eat a lot for the last 6 days. I can controlled myself during the day but failed to do so at night. Currently I miss a few days of Terawih (miss mean I didn't perform the prayer). I'll have more time to study since I don't has to go for breakfast and lunch. Only 3 weeks to go before the coming of Syawal. Can I change? Not sure. I'll try my best.

I've read an article before about what happen to our body during Ramadhan. Why our body can cope with no food and water during the day. From researchs done by scientists around the world, they concluded that during Ramadhan human body will required less energy to perform usual activities and it's means less food and water will be used. For example, let's say Joe walk 100 meter from place A to place B. During the usual months maybe the walk will required 100 energy but during Ramadhan maybe the walk only required 50 energy. By using the less energy, the body can sustain the available food and water that already consume by a person. And that's why, if you eat the same amount of food during Ramadhan, you'll gain weight. No kidding, thats happen to me before. :) So, if you want your body to use the same amount of energy during the Ramadhan, do a lot of activities. Instead of walking 100 meter try to walk for 200 meter. If you type 100 codes during the usual months, type 200 line of codes during Ramadhan and so on.

I wonder, why a lot of food stalls only open during Ramadhan. Have you wonder? It's like the stall owner want people to eat more during the fasting month. So, how can we 'hayati' the spirit of Ramadhan where we can feel the plight of poor people. The poor people still eat the same food they eat during usual months. But us, we bought a lot of special meals for ourselves and our family. Are we not ashamed with the poor? To speak frankly, sometimes I really ashamed with myself. Here am I 5 minutes before break the fast, surround myself with 2 kinds of drinking water, dates, a few types of 'kuih', a few types of 'lauk' and etc. What the poor eat during that time? I don't know about it but what can I confirm is they eat less than me. :(

And that's why, most masjid organised 'majlis berbuka puasa'. It's not for us that can support ourselves but for the poor to taste the Grade A rice that only eaten by rich ones; the meat that can only be eaten for a few days in a month; the chicken that only become a special menu if they can support it; and etc. But I'm not sure, why everytime there are 'free meal' during fasting months most people that eat there are the person who can buy their own food(s). And this persons are greedy lot that asked a lot of meat, or chicken or dates or anything special to be put into their own plate. Enough said.

Yesterday going around at BJ shopping complex to get a dress for Hari Raya. I don't mind to use the previous dress for Hari Raya but my mother insist me to go and buy it. So, I went to Jefferson to 'tempah' the dress. Unfortunately they don't want to take order anymore for 'baju melayu'. 2003 is the last year they take order to make 'baju melayu'. Oh well. I think I will buy the finish ones after I get my salary or one week before I go back for Hari Raya. :) After that, went to Bread History to bought some bread for dinner. Bought a lot but my fiancee and I cannot finish it. So, I gave the bread to one of student at parallel lab.

Currently studying about LDAP, the concept and how to configure it. Can't really understand it yet. As the time passed, I think I will manage to understand it. Also, I currently reading the books that I bought at Popular and Kinokuniya. I have 3 books that still un-read by me. And the list is not included the PHP and XML books that I still don't have anytime to read (or too lazy to read). Oh well, I need to find time to read them all. Not at once, of course.

Oklah. Need to continue with my work. I spend a lot of time to type this entry. From 9.44 a.m to 10.25 a.m. Need to stop for the moment. See ya!

posted by - rzmie - @ 10:25 AM



holiday-mails.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home