The ambitions
This post is written last night before I went to sleep. :)Once in my lifetime, I want to become a scientist. No matter what kind of ambitions I told my teachers, I always put archeologist and scientist. I start dreaming to become an archeologist after I read Astora Jabat's articles regarding pharaoh and pyramids and its legends. The article fascinated me and since then I love archeology and scientific field.
A few years after that, I start reading about astronomy; asteroids, stars, planets, galaxies and etc. I fell in love with astronomy and I want to become a scientist in that field. During my form 4 & 5, I figure I was weak in Physics although I participate in National Physic Test (didn't remember who organise that test). I only strong in Chemistry and Mathematics. And I like those two subjects. At that time, I think physics really hard, especially I quite a cowards to ask questions during the classes.
Then, I've been introduced to the computing field and its programs. I know about computers since 10 years old but I really learn about it when I was 15. On my 16, I've been trusted to teach several people in using computers and prepare documents using computer software. People start thinking that I am a computer genuis. Both bad and good for me. Since then I never look back. I somehow know computers and me are fated to meet. And I start learning more about computing field since then although my reading materials are quite limited considering I live at 'cowboy' town.
Although I work in computing field, deep inside I still longing to become an astronomer, or archeologist or scientist. Just imagine a joy of a man who prowling the earth searching for something valuable from the past civilisation or history of man. Or the joy of a man who search the skies and space for more clue on how the universe begins. I want to explore the galaxy, and the entire universe. How estatic if I can find a wormhole and prove theories that wormhole can shorten space journey; in practical.
For now, computing is my field and as a way to survive. I want to contribute something important and useful to the community before I left this field. Something that can change our way of work or life. Something that can be used forever till the end of time.


1 Comments:
I've always wanted to be a scientist too. I think I've fulfilled my ambition now. A computer scientist is a scientist too. When I do my PhD I hope to go somewhere I can also take classes in physical sciences and maths... to make myself a better scientist.
Post a Comment
<< Home