rzmie's blog

Welcome to my blog, ladies and gentleman. I hope you enjoy the contents.

Google

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

GoogleTalk from Google

No, no..It's not another public talk at USM. Its another piece of software from Google. Actually, it's an IM. If you people want it, go try it here. I've invited several people today to use the IM. If you want me to include you, please leave a message here. I still figuring how to sort people by group like YM. Oh well. Maybe later. There is one function in the software that I don't know how to use it, "Connection Monitor". Do you guys know about it?

On another unrelated news, OpenOffice will soon reached version 2.0. Hurray for open source. I will use it when it reach version 2.0. Currently using Firefox as Internet browser, Thunderbird for e-mail client. Hope later I will add more open source software into my 'stable-of-usage'. *I hear someone whispering "Why don't you use Linux as the OS for your desktop*. Later guys..later.

posted by - rzmie - @ 8:04 PM



holiday-mails.com

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger hussein said...

Why don't you use Linux as the OS for your desktop?

Hehehe...

I use Linux exclusively for work (well 99.999%). My software list:

Web browser - Firefox
Email client - Evolution
Office suite - OpenOffice.org
IM - Gaim (works with Google IM, use the Jabber protocol)
IRC - Xchat
Text editor - gvim
Compiler - gcc
Document creation - LaTeX
Media player - mplayer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home