The book world
Once I've dream that I was in a world where people pay me based on how much books I read and summarize every day. I like reading and sometimes I want nothing than having a nice environment around me and books clutter everywhere. Sometimes I hope nothing bother me and I can keep reading until I fell asleep.I want to add more into my books collection but sadly I don't have enough money to do it. Last week, my fiancee and I went to Prangin's shopping mall. As usual, we visited Popular bookstore. We always pay a visit to a bookstore when we go for shopping. Always. It's a trait I got from one of my family members (my dad? mom? or uncles? never know. but when I was a little child, they always bought me some books that will last for a month or two). At that time, I got Hardy Boys, Enid Blyton's books. Really enjoyable at that time.
Now I think I've got more than 50 fantasy books in my collection. It's damn hard to find a nice fantasy books and in Malaysia not many people appreciate you when you read fantasy books except some understanding people like my friends and family. Among the books in my collection are :
David Edding's fantasy books. You name the title and I've got it. The Mallorean series? Got it. The Tamuli series? Got it. Belgarath and Polgara stories? Got it. The Rivan Codex? Got it.
Daughter of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire and Servant of the Empire by Janny Wurts and Raymond E. Feist. The best book I've ever read about politics. Not too much fantasy in it except the situation is based on middle-age of Europe, Korean and Japan.
There are other books that I forget and don't have time to read. Currently collect Robin Hobb's books. I already got The Farseer Trilogy. Last week see The Liveship Ship Traders trilogy. The books are calling me at that time. Buy me. Buy me. They said. I really want to buy but I also want to use the coupon that I've got when I submit the application to become Popular members for my fiancee. I have to wait until I bring the coupon.
There are other books that I would like to put into my collections. The books from Isaac Asimov (yes, Obi. I also want to collect them. :) ). The Raymond E. Feist books especially The Riftwar Saga series, Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time (I've got the first book, 9 to go). What else? Anyone to suggest a good fantasy series for me? Some of the series (like The Wheel of Time series) are suggested by friends of mine. So, let's share a bit about books, shall we?


1 Comments:
No you don't have 50 fantasy books. You have 49. Daughter Of The Empire is *still* with me, sorry.
Post a Comment
<< Home